My Teaching Philosophy
My teaching like my research spans the fuzzy edges of technology and creativity as well as dipping from time to time into almost any other imaginable domain of science and humanities. My goal above all is to stimulate my students’ curiosity – to give them a thirst for wanting to know more about my course about, themselves about everything. In technology I do not focus on the ever-changing specific programs and processes but rather the principles and underlying object models which will continue to have relevance.
Below is a list of subject areas in which I have delivered courses over the past 12 years. I am in the process of entering samples from all these course areas into the portfolio.
- Lecturer in
- Theory and Practice of Communication
- UI and Interaction Design
- Digital Storytelling
- Computer Game Development
- Art and Animation.
- Project management
- Advanced courses in ActionScript (AS3) and PHP/MySQL
- Research method for Computer Science and Communications